Terms and Conditions: Queensland Times – Logan City Pride Buy Local Competition
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of Entry: From Friday 6th November to 5.00pm on Friday 11 December 2015, contestants must purchase any retail product at the prevailing usual retail price from a registered participating Logan City Pride business displaying City Pride merchandise;
A list of participating businesses will appear in the Logan Reporter between Friday November 6, 2015 and Friday December 11, 2015.
Contestants must obtain an original entry form and official tax receipt for the purchase from the registered participating Logan City Pride business.
Contestants must retain their original official purchase receipt for validation if drawn as a winner; and
Entry forms and receipts must be original. Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
Contestants must complete the original entry form, including name, address, phone number, name of business, receipt number and date of purchase; then place the entry form in an envelope marked Logan City Pride Competition and either:
Send to: PO Box 260, Ipswich Qld 4305 (so it is received before the closing date/time); or
Deliver to: 260 Brisbane St., West Ipswich, Old 4305.
Receipts from partial lay-bys, bill payments such the payment of credit card bills, gift card purchases, bank transactions, bank fees and charges and service bills (such as gas, electricity, rates and phone bills, etc.) are not accepted as part of this Promotion.
Contestants may submit more than one entry.
All contestants will have an equal chance to win the three prizes.
Please note: There are three separate closure times: one for each of the prizes.
2. Prizes: There are three prizes to be won:
- One (1) major prize consisting of a $5,500 shop locally gift wallet
- One (1) second prize consisting of a $2,750 shop locally gift wallet
- One (1) third prize of a $2,750 shop locally gift wallet.
Total prize value for this competition is valued at $11,000.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences Friday November 6, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm on Friday December 11, 2015. Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed to be invalid entries and will not be entered into the draw to win.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under 18 years of age require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(iii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at the Queensland Times office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld at the following dates and times.
1st draw: For the first gift wallet valued at $2,750, entries close at 12:00pm Monday November 30, 2015.
The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 4:00pm on Monday November 30, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Logan Reporter on Friday December 4, 2015.
2nd draw: For the second gift wallet valued at $2,750, entries close at 12:00 on Monday December 7, 2015.
The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 4:00pm Monday December 7, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Logan Reporter on Friday December 11, 2015.
3rd draw: For the third and final gift wallet valued at $5,500 entries close at 12:00 Monday December 14, 2015.
The prize winner will be selected by random draw at 4:00pm on Monday December 14, 2015 with prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in the Logan Reporter on Friday December 18, 2015.
Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners must produce the original receipt of purchase and Government issued photo ID to claim their prize.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize Expiry Date: All three Gift Wallets must be used by 5:00pm March 31, 2016. If not used by 5:00pm on March 31, 2016 the prizes will then become null and void.
7. Prize collection: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for:
- tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen where they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
Promoter: Queensland Times Pty Ltd
ACN: 009 658 244